Rabbitically Wonderful!

Rabbitically Wonderful!

Friday, June 18, 2010

Tool #3

I was amazed to have experienced these image generators/mashups! The ways to utilize them in a classroom is endless. For example the rabbit picture and words clearly demonstrate the names of my bunnies. I created the rabbit with words using image chef. I think this would be a fantastic tool to use at the beginning of school when students are getting to know each other. Students can work on their own image chef and use words that descibe themselves. There are many extensions that the teacher can use with these creations.

I also created a poster with Glogster/edu. This was a magnificent way of using pictures to describe myself. The phrase "pictures are worth a thousand words" is not a misnomer, but very truth! I could write many activities to use with Gloster/edu, but I don't have the space. I did have my master piece,but I deleted it. However, I chose to use Bookr. This is a short story about rabbits.

The learning process via the image generators/mashups are endless! One excellent way is to have a picture and have students to think of one word to describe the picture. Talk about learning to write and describe images!

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Garza, it is very creative what you did with the image chef. I think that student would enjoy creating their own. Just imagine the posibilities of designs according to the subject :) I am sure that they would have fun learning their vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete